A media interview is your chance to speak to the public and get your message out there. Whether it’s radio, television or press it is important that you prepare your key messages as well as yourself. The following tips and advice should give you a clear idea of what to expect in your interview and how to handle it.
Understand what the media want
- Is it new?
- Is there conflict?
- Is it unusual?
- Is there a human interest dimension?
- Is there a scam, cover up or scandal?
3 initial questions:
- What has happened?
- Who has it affected? How many?
- What have you done about it?
A successful interview will
- Focus attention on the key messages
- Maintain and build credibility
- Create a better understanding of the issues
- Generate more sympathetic appreciation
Every interview is a chance to tell your story
- Answer the question then use it to tell your story
View original post 271 more words